Exceptional results begin with exceptional people. That’s the philosophy upon which Winterberry Group has built our consulting practice, and it’s the philosophy that guides every one of our research initiatives, strategy engagements and client interactions.
Because our Firm is a specialist compared to the larger generalist companies against which we compete, we believe—strongly—that our success has been driven by the contributions and expertise of our team members. Building upon that foundation, we’re constantly in search of new ideas, new talent and new perspectives to reinforce our results—and guide us forward into an even brighter future.
What we seek are exceptionally bright, motivated and intellectually curious professionals interested in tackling some of the most significant strategic challenges facing advertising and marketing companies today. What we offer is almost too numerous to list here—but includes, among other benefits, the opportunity to learn from some of the most prominent figures in the marketing world, interaction with clients and thought leaders in virtually all vertical markets and a competitive compensation package that rivals almost any in the business.
Do you have what it takes?
Winterberry Group is currently seeking Analysts, Managers and Directors to join our team. See the job descriptions below, and if you think you'd be a great fit please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Analyst, Strategic Consulting
Analysts play a key role in the execution of Winterberry Group’s corporate strategy, data-driven marketing transformation, commercial diligence and market intelligence assignments. They are responsible for conducting both quantitative and qualitative research (including intensive one-on-one interviews with senior marketing executives and industry thought leaders) in support of the Firm’s consulting efforts, as well contributing to the development of a range of client deliverables—including business assessments, market landscapes and strategic roadmaps. Furthermore, they enjoy substantial, direct interaction with the Firm’s clients, industry associations and senior management across all sectors of the global marketing and technology ecosystem—including senior marketers at many of the world's most influential brands.
Analysts also contribute substantially to the Firm’s thought leadership and publishing efforts–including its branded white papers and conference presentations. Finally, they contribute to the Firm’s marketing and business development efforts and staff development, knowledge management and other internal growth initiatives.
Desired Skills and Experience
Winterberry Group's analyst position offers unique opportunities for motivated, dynamic professionals with a minimum of one year of professional experience to join a fast-growing enterprise at the forefront of strategic thinking in the advertising, marketing, media, information and technology industries.
The position requires exceptional English written and oral communication skills (both face-to-face and via telephone), superior presentation abilities and a high degree of organization. Successful candidates will have experience with primary and secondary research, data aggregation, financial analysis and strategy consulting and research principles. Previous experience with a consulting firm, investment bank, research house, industry publication, advertising/marketing services agency, adtech company or through an internal corporate strategy role is desired. Ideal candidates will demonstrate proficiency at developing, refining and presenting complex professional services deliverables.
The analyst position requires a bachelor’s degree and no less than one (1) year of professional experience. All applications MUST include a cover letter to be considered.
Engagement Manager/Director, Strategic Consulting
Winterberry Group, a leading specialty management consulting firm focused on the advertising, marketing, information and technology sectors, is seeking seasoned management consultants, corporate strategists and/or agency-side strategists to join our team as engagement managers and engagement directors. These individuals will serve as project leads supporting our corporate strategy, data-driven marketing transformation, commercial diligence and market intelligence assignments—interfacing with senior client stakeholders (C-suite leaders) to determine business requirements, outline preliminary conclusions and oversee team analysts in the creation of deliverables.
As an engagement manager or engagement director, you will:
- Manage complex client projects—overseeing supporting workflows, assigning tasks to junior team members and developing client-ready deliverables
- Develop strategic insights for clients via various methodologies, including primary stakeholder interviews, surveys, third-party research, competitive and marketplace analysis, etc.
- Develop “SWOT analysis”-style assessments for client businesses and/or divisions, typically considering organizational design, processes, technology capabilities, service or product offerings and marketing
- Contribute to the architecture of “future-state” vision and related roadmaps for clients based on identification of growth opportunities and supportive research
- Perform quantitative analysis in support of market segmentation and sizing, including financial modeling
- Develop and/or validate M&A acquisition strategies, building criteria for clients to use in identifying and qualifying target companies
- Support multiple simultaneous engagements, working with assigned analysts to ensure outstanding delivery
- Mentor (engagement manager) and/or manage (engagement director) junior consulting professionals
- Assist with the development of engagement proposals, pitch materials and supporting presentations (including drafting of scopes and detailed delivery plans)
- Collaborate in the development of thought leadership and other published content—including white papers, conference presentations, webinars and other media.
- 3-5 years of professional experience (engagement manager); 5-9 years of professional experience (engagement director)
- Strong process and project management skills
- Strong facility leveraging both quantitative and qualitative research in the development of detailed recommendations, analyses and professional deliverables
- Some experience in assessing financial performance of businesses
- Management experience
- Comfort operating in variety of structured and unstructured environments—with a commitment to continuous innovation
- Experience in digital transformation and/or within the advertising, marketing, information (data) and/or technology sectors a strong plus, but not required
Please note, applications MUST include a cover letter and resume to be considered.